Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Winona, Minnesota . . . Beautiful ! ! !

I had such a wonderful time last week at my mortgage training, and I wanted to share this picture with you. Winona, Minnesota is located in the southeastern part of the state and is one of the most beautiful places I have visited in a very long time. It is nestled between the covered limestone river bluffs that rise 500 feet on one side and the Mississippi River on the other side.

This picture was taken from Garven Heights Park and you can see the Mississippi River in the background. Beautiful!!!!

I am sad to say that a few days after I left that beautiful town there was a horrible rainstorm and flash floods. The area in the picture suffered no flood damage, but farther to the east and to the west did. Six people lost their lives in the flash floods and many people lost everything. It is so beautiful to live around water, but horrible when Mother Nature turns ugly.

No comments: