Monday, August 6, 2007

Count Your Blessings

How many times have we heard this throughout our lifetime? Count your blessings. After the tragic Minneapolis Interstate 35 bridge collapse this past week . . . I have really been counting my blessings. I used to travel over that bridge twice a day for work and I still find it baffling to think something like this could happen right here in my very own city. I am sorry for the delay in posting, but I have just been glued to the television since this happened and trying to connect with old friends that I know are still living in the City and traveling over that bridge on a regular basis. I have so many friends that I have lost touch with throughout the years and find it sad that it took a tragedy like this to happen to pick up the phone and let them know I was thinking of them. Luckily all my friends were okay, but I do know people who knew some of the people that lost their lives traveling home from work last Wednesday and some who are still amongst the missing. I continue to pray for all of them that they might be found and returned to their loved ones. So today I am really counting my blessings. I have a good life, beautiful friends, loving family, successful career, and time to do what I love . . . make cards. I am truly blessed.

So this card was made for all my friends. Childhood friends, work friends, neighborhood friends, cardmaking friends, and blogging friends . . . this card is for you . . . and like the sentement reads . . . "Friends are like flowers, each with it's own beauty".

Have a beautiful day!!!!!

~ Pegi

No comments: