Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sugared Shadow Box

Hello my dear friends! Just a very quick post here this evening to say hello and show you this little shadow box I made for a dear friend who is having a baby girl in a few months. How many of you know that Basic Grey is my favorite paper line? I fell in love with Basic Grey a few years ago and have been hooked ever since. I just love how it has that vintage shabby look and how all the patterns coordinate so well. Any quilters out there? Basic Grey's paper reminds me of fabric you could make a quilt with . . . which reminds me . . . they do make fabric now and the Sultry line is due out very very soon. Right now I am just counting the days until my Porcelain 6 x 6 paper pads arrive from Embellish It! and waiting anxiously for the release of the beautiful line Wisteria.

Speaking of Embellish It! . . . I ordered my paper pads very late last night . . . and they were already shipped today. Such great service, and I will definitely order from them again.

Now let me tell you about my little Sugared Shadow Box. If you click on the photograph, you can see the detail and read the verse a little easier. Anyway, I was snooping around at my local Goodwill store where you can find the best picture frames, little boxes, and containers to alter. I found this little shadow box that had some circa 1980 sea shore stuff inside and I knew right away that with a little tearing apart and cleaning up and I could make it totally new. So . . . I cleaned it up really good and started with a naked empty shadow box. I then used the pink paper from the Sugared line and my ATG gun and adhered it to the front, top, sides, and bottom of the frame, sanded it down with one of those big black emery boards, and then chalk inked the sides. I set that aside and made a square card that would fit perfectly inside the shadow box . . . and there you have it . . . a handmade altered baby gift that my friend can either hang on the wall or set on a shelf in her sweet little baby girl's nursery.

Thanks again for stopping by, and I hope you are all having a good week.

Big stamping hugs.

~ Pegi

Supplies:
Shadow Box from the Goodwill
Designer paper from the Basic Grey Sugared line (6 x 6 pad)
Rub-ons from the Basic Grey Sugared line
Brads are Basic Grey Sugared Glazed Brads
Pink Swarovski Crystals

No comments: